Start small, think big. And stay small. I’m a bonsai not a redwood.
Why am I starting a blog? What’s the point?
- I came out of semi- temporary- retirement in 2021 to join Blend360 and build an SEO capability powered by data science. I kinda need to tell people about it.
- I had to stop golfing too much. I was getting worse. Much, much worse.
- I like to write. Work writing isn’t my favorite kind, but it’ll have to do.
- I mostly wanted an excuse to use Markdown in Visual Studio Code and Ulysses.
- I found out that I still really like SEO. And I know a lot about it.
Also, there’s the fact that I need to work. Like, pay bills. And I love the process of working, building, and creating new things.
This will be a blog about the SEO industry, the agencies, my experiences, the brands, the work, the teams. I’ll mostly be writing from the perspective of strategy, operations, and financials. You’ll find less content here about tactics and how-to’s, but there are already enough places like that on the Web. There aren’t many places that go into SEO criticism. The good kind of criticism:
crit – i – cism
- the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes.
- the analysis and judgements of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.
- the analysis of the merits and challenges of the SEO and digital marketing industry.
Yes. That last one. I’m here to write about my experiences in the SEO industry and the merits, and challenges, and opportunities of the channel, agencies, technologies, and brands working therein. SEO has evolved tremendously over the course of its (still young) existent, especially in the last five years. It’s still so young, but I’m not, and I have the scars to prove it. There aren’t many people in SEO writing from the strategic perspective about the macro trends and challenges in the industry.
I hope you’ll join me on this journey. If you have any ideas or questions, hit me up on Twitter or LinkedIn or you can head to the contact page if you’re more into the old school approach. You can also comment on one of my posts. Multiple ways to connect!
3 thoughts on “Adam’s got a blog, why?”
Testing the comments
Good to see you back blogging, and that your comments work 🙂 But horrified to read you are curtailing your golfing habit!
DUDE tell me about it! But the real question is, what date in Spring 2022 are you visiting Bend? Miss ya man!
Comments are closed.